by Gray Graham
Some of you will not agree with me. Some of you think I am totally wrong. Some of you have no desire for the type of marriage I am about to describe. Some of you live a lifestyle that completely conflicts with my beliefs. This article then most definitely is not for you.
Now that is out of the way, let's begin with discussing the key to a good, loving marriage. The fact that I have to actually state that a marriage should be good and loving probably indicates where we are in the world today. When the topic of marriage is brought up a lot of people instantly throw on their bitter mood. In America at least half of the people are divorced. Of the ones that are married, many are unhappy and living sad and reckless lives.
After saying all of that you might wonder why I would bother writing about a happy, loving marriage. The truth is that marriage is the #1 topic people want to discuss with me. They don't want to talk about the latest technology, politics, sports, movie, or hit TV show, they want to talking about their relationship status and why they are unhappy.
Of course talking about marriage in an open forum has its challenges. As I said many people have experienced very tragic and dramatic relationships in their lives and most have the life long scars to prove it. You never, ever know what you may say that will bring all of that pain and hurt to the surface so you are always walking in a minefield hoping nothing explodes.
So this will be one of many posts that I make on the topic of marriage. The reason I say marriage and not relationships is because that is what I believe should be your goal when you talk about relationships yet for some reason it is an afterthought in most cases.
So we are going to start off by making it the center focus of everything you do going forward. Let's get into the key to a happy loving marriage.
1. Take time to learn, understand, and know yourself.
2. Make sure you only involve yourself with individuals that have the same values and beliefs as you do.
3. From the beginning make sure the person you are with is someone that you want to marry.
4. Take time to get to truly know the person.
5. This is probably the most important one that most people miss, do not try to change a person into something you want them to be..
6. Let no one come between you and the other person.
7. And the last one which I know most will disagree with is do not think of your future spouse ( or spouse for that matter) as your friend.
Now that you have the key in the coming weeks we are going to discuss how you actually use it to have a happy loving marriage.